If you are interested in applying for the CSI Academy call us directly at 386.518.6300 or provide the following information and we will contact you shortly.
The student must:
1. Provide proof of a High School Diploma, GED or its equivalency.
2. Pass a state required background check.
3. Possess a valid government-issued photo identification card.
4. Have no physical or mental limitations precluding the student from fully participating in the activities of a crime scene investigator.
5. Complete and sign a Student Enrollment Agreement with appropriate fees.
Note: Students under 18 years of age must have enrollment agreement signed by parents/guardian.
CSI Academy, LLC will not accept any student who cannot meet the admission requirements for the program applied for. This is in line with CSI Academy LLC’s purpose and mission.
CSI Academy, LLC staff and/or faculty will work with individual students to ensure the requirements are met before students are enrolled in the class. If a student fails to provide the required information and/or provides false information, the normal refund policy will be followed.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Should a student’s enrollment be terminated or cancelled for any reason, all refunds will be made according to the following refund schedule:
- Cancellation can be made in person, by electronic mail, by Certified Mail or by termination.
- All monies will be refunded if CSI Academy does not accept the applicant or if the student cancels within three (3) business days after signing the Student Enrollment Agreement and making initial payment.
- Cancellation after the third (3rd) Business Day, but before the first class, will result in a refund of all monies paid, with the exception of the registration fee (not to exceed $150.00). The application fee is also non-refundable.
- Cancellation after attendance has begun, but prior to 40% completion of the program, will result in a Pro Rata refund computed on the number of hours completed to the total program hours.
- Once issued equipment or supplies have been utilized, the fee for those cannot be refunded.
- Cancellation after completing 40% of the program will result in no refund.
- Termination Date: When calculating the refund due to a student, the last date of actual attendance by the student is used in the calculation unless earlier written notice was received by CSI Academy.
- Refunds will be made within 30 days of termination of the student’s enrollment or receipt of CSI Academy’s Student Enrollment Withdrawal Form from student.
- A student’s enrollment can be terminated at the discretion of the governing board of CSI Academy for unsatisfactory academic progress, non-payment of academic costs, or failure to comply with the rules as set forth by CSI Academy.
- All program equipment must be returned in good working order or replaced for cost by the student prior to the final day of class. Any student’s diploma will be withheld until all accounts are reconciled.
Percentage of refund = Number of hours remaining divided by total number of hours in course.
Refund Amount = Percentage of refund times tuition fee.
Percentage Completed = Number of hours completed divided by total number of hours in course. If this number is greater than 40% then no refund will be provided.
No refunds will be given on a textbook that has been written in, marked, or otherwise damaged. If the textbook is in good condition, a refund will be made according to the tuition refund rules. Once issued equipment or supplies have been utilized, the fee cannot be refunded.
Registration fees are non-refundable.
A full refund of all fees paid will be made for classes that are cancelled regardless of length. The refunds will be made to the appropriate agency or student as prescribed above.
Leave of Absence
CSI Academy LLC programs are designed to be completed in a very short period of time. CSI Academy, LLC recognizes emergencies do arise, and situations may change. Should it be necessary for a student to take a leave of absence, students will be allowed to re-enter the program after participating in faculty interviews and completing a tutoring or make-up policy written by the Director of Education.
A student’s enrollment can be terminated at the discretion of the institution for insufficient academic progress, non-payment of academic costs, or failure to comply with rules and policies.
The following actions are cause for immediate dismissal:
- Excessive absenteeism and tardiness
- Any grossly negligent or careless act, which results, or may result, in personal injury, property damage, or loss.
- Willful refusal or failure to follow instructions, perform assigned work, or otherwise defy the authority of an employee.
- Theft or removal from the premises, without proper authorization, of any school property or property of another person.
- Abusive or abrasive language or conduct.