Alternate Light Source Applications
3 Days / 24 Credit Hours
What You Will Learn
Our Alternate Light Source Applications course is designed to introduce
students to the use of the visible light spectrum to enhance organic and
inorganic substances that otherwise may be overlooked in a criminal investigation.
Students will learn how light affects some biological fluids often left
at crime scenes, causing absorption, fluorescence, luminescence, and contrast
with the target surface. We will also cover documentation, preservation,
and collection techniques.
A few topics that will be covered in the course include:
- How the visible light spectrum works
- How the VLS can assist investigators in locating evidence
- Precautions when using UV light
- Biological fluid location, enhancement, and recovery
- Filter use and photography techniques
- May 31- June 2, 2017
- November 29 - December 1, 2017
Call CSI Academy of Florida at (888) 518-2832!
If you are interested in become a crime scene investigator or forensics
professional, CSI Academy of Florida can provide you with the educational
tools and training you need to get your new career on track. Our campus
is located in Alachua, Florida.
Enroll online today! You can call us at (888) 518-2832 with any questions.