COMING SOON to
The CSI Academy of Florida …
A brand-new course offering: Alternate Light Source Applications.
In this course, students will earn 24 credit hours over the course of 3 days.
This course is designed to introduce students to the use of the visible
light spectrum to enhance organic and inorganic substances that otherwise
may be overlooked in a criminal investigation. Students will learn how
light affects some biological fluids often left at crime scenes, causing
absorption, fluorescence, luminescence and contrast with the target surface.
We will also cover documentation, preservation and collection techniques.
- How the visible light spectrum works
- How the VLS can assist investigators in locating evidence
- Precautions when using UV light
- Biological fluid location, enhancement, recovery
- Filter use and photography techniques